Movies, Sports, and Life


Hollywood is Cuckoo for Comic Books

Breaking news: comic book adaptations are the new trend in Hollywood. Lets just name of a few: Spider Man I,II,III, X-Men I,II,III, Ghost Rider, Iron-Man, Punisher, Sin City, Dare Devil, Hulk, Fantastic Four I/II, and Batman. The fact that I'm complaining is because Hollywood has taken the shock and awe out of the surprise of a comic book adaptation. Now and days you just pray that the comic book movie doesn't turn out to be like Dare Devil or Ghost Rider.

However, looking towards the future, another wave of comic book adaptations will be coming to theaters in late 2008 and sometime in 2009. Here are few to keep your eyes out for:




Taylor Kitsch as Gambit Kevin Durand as the Blob


X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I can not wait for this movie. I'm pretty sure the title of the movie gives away the plot. What makes this movie better than X-Men I,II, and III is the sheer fact Gambit is in it. About time. Hugh Jackman will be returning and starring as Wolverine (obvi noob). Ryan Reynolds will be playing Deadpool, which I'm guessing will be similar to his role in Blade: Trinity. Liev Schreiber will be playing Sabretooth. All and all I would say this movie has a nice little cast and will probably be good.





Wanted



"Hands up! I'm here to adopt all your children!"

Wanted, starring the wonderful Angelia Jolie, which is based on Jolie's world conquest for searching for children of third world countries to adopt. Sike. This movie is based on, you guessed it, the comic book Wanted. Actually, the comic book looks pretty sweet. Its seems like a hybrid cross over of The Matrix with a touch of Crank and Swordfish. If you watch the trailer before, you'll see what I mean about The Matrix copy: bullets bending through physical space and dudes floating in the air shooting while jumping out a 30 story building. None the less, until I watched the extended preview, I thought this movie was doomed for failure due to Angelia Jolie's role in it. However, the special effects and some of the actions scenes look insane.




0 Responses to “Hollywood is Cuckoo for Comic Books”

Post a Comment



© 2008 lil dunn