Movies, Sports, and Life


Band of the week: The Audition


According to Last.fm. the Audition are "a dance-rock-pop-punk band from Chicago, IL. Like their contemporaries in bands like Fall Out Boy, Alkaline Trio, and Spitalfield, theAUDITION sings songs full of melody and catchy choruses that evoke dancing and singing along from even the most jaded of listeners."

Well I guess I'm really late on this one. I bet none of you have heard of the Audition before. But that description above is exactly how I would describe the band. Their debut album, 'Controversy Loves Company' was pretty good. It was good enough for me to go out and buy it at Best Buy. However, it is really an immature album with catchy emo songs.

'Champion' is their follow up sophomore album, with this 16th century Jude Law looking dude on the cover. Typically sophomore albums (specifically emo cds) tend to be a make or break type cd. Looking at the track record from other emo bands such as, Fall Out Boy, and Hawthorne Heights, there's a good possibility this cd might not be so good. But I listened to three songs from the new cd on their myspace, I must say I was impressed. Catchy none the less but more mature and pretty good songs. Check them out:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1161914

Labels:




© 2008 lil dunn