Movies, Sports, and Life


Apparently he's the future of the Ravens?

Apparently, Joe Flacco, quarterback from the University of Delaware (my former University before transferring) is the new franchise quarter back of the Ravens. He is the future. Honestly, I do not want to discredit him or discount his ability. Flacco put up great numbers as a Blue Hen; as a senior, he played and started in 15 games, passing for 331 completions on 521 attempts for 4,263 yards, 23 touchdowns and only five interceptions for a 144.91 passer rating. He's a giant 6-6, has the ability to scan the pocket, and hands down the strongest arm in the draft. Watch some of his high light videos, beautiful arm. However, he did play for Delaware (I-AA). I have personal experience of going to many Blue Hen games, to say the least the caliber of talent, size, and game play was two notches up from Paint Branch football. Flacco transferred from Pitt after not getting enough playing time. Pitt isn't even a power house football program. To say the least I am a little nervous about him. He needs time to learn the huge curve from I-AA to professional football. Hopefully, the Ravens do not make the same mistake as they did with Boller and rush him too early by starting him. Thank god he has the guidance of Cam Cameron.

Personally, I was hoping that the Ravens drafted Chad Henne. I thought he was solid QB at big time powerhouse Michigan. Thank god they couldn't get Matt Ryan. I hate that fool. I think he's overrated, and worst off he's arrogant. I watched this video of him talking about possibly being drafted to the Ravens (this before the draft) where he sounded like he was completely too good to play for the Ravens and avoided acknowledging the possibility or opportunity to play for them. He sounded like "Hey, I'm Matt Ryan do you honestly think I will fall to the 8th spot. I'm the best QB ever." Good thing the Falcons have no O-Line so Ryan can get sacked and destroyed all season.

Labels:




© 2008 lil dunn